December 22, 2009

1st Weigh In

Today was my first official weigh in (I have to try and avoid the scale in the house - no unofficial weigh ins allowed) and I lost 7.5 pounds.  Yeah!!!!  Everytime I weigh in they do a body composition analysis that tells me how much water and fat I've lost.  I won't bore you with the stats but I will say that it wasn't all water weight.  The weight loss is very motivating after a difficult weekend of cooking and watching everyone else eat.  I'm not hungry, but man food sure does look good.  After the weigh in and a visit with the doctor I had a group meeting (kind of like AA).  We did an outdated relaxation exercise and talked about how to get through the holidays.  I benefitted more from the talking.  The people were nice and we are all in the same boat.  The take home message: Do what they say and you WILL lose weight.

2 comments: