December 14, 2009

First Day - All liquids, No Solids

Let me preface this by saying, I have never blogged before.  That is the only disclaimer you will get.  As you can tell from the title of my blog (and my before picture) I need to lose some (don't laugh) weight and my target is 135lbs.  I have been 135lbs once in my life and let me tell you it wasn't for long; hence the illusivity.


Today is my first day on the UAB EatRight Optifast diet.  The first 18 weeks are completely liquid (shakes and soups - you get bars after 6 weeks, but who considers a diet bar a solid?); which I just realized renders all the plastic forks and spoons in my desk completely useless.  Damn. 


So far today I've had 2 chocolate shakes and one of the soups.  They really don't taste that bad (I can't bring myself to say 'good') but they tasted better at the sampling session than they did today.  Go figure. 


I sought out this program when I found I didn't qualify for gastric bypass surgery.  I've tried other programs like this before, but the maintenance program provided by the EatRight program differentiated itself from other programs in a big way.  I think I will finally be able to lose the weight and keep it off for good.  Also, at your first visit they do a body composition analysis and tell you your body fat % and let me tell you, I am practically a SOLID!!!!  You could spread me on toast!  After that I was committed.

http://main.uab.edu/Sites/eatright/programs/

No comments:

Post a Comment