December 15, 2009

My Own Personal Dam

As if I needed further motiviation I got some more last night.  After playing in the bath with my 18 month old his father took him to get ready for bed and I waited in the tub for the water to drain.  After all the water (that I could see) was gone I went to stand up and about 1/3 of the tub of water started draining from behind me.  It was stuck behind me (very securely I might add) because my HUGE ASS acted as a dam!  My first thoughts simultaneously were, "Wow, I need a bigger bathtub and wow, what a big ass I have".  Hopefully, this diet will change the latter.  Feel free to share any of your embarassing fat stories. :)

2 comments:

  1. Here's one: I attended a meeting with a bunch of other senior executives at my company recently, and when I went to sit down in one of the meeting chairs, I found that I couldn't fit. The chair was like a dining room chair with arms on it, kind of old-fashioned. The were no other chairs in the room, they were all similar to this one. I literally had to sit on the edge of the chair throughout the entire meeting. All I could think was that I hoped no one else noticed. It was horrible. I haven't told anyone that story until now. So I totally understand how you feel, Rachelle!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie thank you so much for sharing that story! I hope it felt good to put it out there. I know I appreciated reading it. I can completely relate. I've had similar situations in office settings, on airplanes, theme park rides and in bathrooms. You would think that the people who design these things would have gotten the message that 60% of America is overweight!

    ReplyDelete